Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Busy Planting....

 
I took last week off to plant in my garden.  I do every year.
I love spring and by this time I am really due for
a break from work.  So I take a week off
to do all my favorite things. 
 
 
We have had tons of rain.  Now we can do with some sunshine.
We live in a subdivision but I have planted trees
for privacy where I can. 
 
 
Must have lots of flowers.  I planted 10 flats of
flowers and veggies this year.
 
 
The vegetable garden... the right side are
herbs for sleeping.  Then tomatoes,
carrots, lettuce, peas & green beans.
Peppers and Berries are on the South
side of the house where they get lots of sun.
 
 
 Lettuce is growing in the green house.
 We can never have enough with 3 bunnies
in the house.
 
 
 
 
These Irises bloomed for the first time this year.
They were given to me 3 yrs. ago
and I had no idea what color they would be. 
I am so happy with this color!
 
 
 
 
 
Look close...I found these
 floating guards to protect the gold fish
from being eaten by Heron
and it doesn't look ugly with the netting
above the water.
 
 
Eventually this will be filled with
Hyacinth vine.  They are in there...
just little bitty now.
 
 
 Cooking Herbs are on the left side of my green house.
I like to dry them and then make my
own seasoning mixes.
 
 
Veggies that I ran out of space in the garden.
Tomatoes. spinach, kale, Celery, Onions
 & flowers to make it look pretty.
 
 
These Geraniums I saved inside from last year. 
That is just one big plant in a  2 ft wide pot.
I did this for several of my Geraniums and
they are just bigger and better
than anything I can find in a nursery.
 
 
My husband and I made this arbor from sticks
to go with our stick bench.

 

 
Left side
 
 
Right side.
I made the quirky little table
next to the chair.
 
 
I redid the wreath on my front door.
Added a hi and new bow
and some greenery.
 
 
This year I did inpatients out front
along the edge of the perennials.
I am thinking they will get bigger
 and brighter with fertilizer.
The purple balls are allium that I
I planted last fall.
 
 
We are happy with how big the trees have grown
surrounding our deck. Just 3 years after our
 huge apple tree collapsed
when it was so weighted down with apples.
We now have a very private deck.
 
 
Whew, got a bunch done, now it just has to grow.
Gardening makes me happy
and is a great pastime of mine.
I share pics as my garden grows
because I love it.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment