Monday, August 7, 2017

Sharing Pond Flowers

The pond plants were getting over grown
in the pots so I was sort of
dreading separating and repotting them.
Mainly because it's a messy job.


I had a few barn friends ask me if I
had any extra pond plants to share. 
These are water irises that get pretty blooms



Dividing them up...


and I ended up with all these to share.


My pond plants are all nicely contained.
As I put them back in I set them on
bricks to keep the lip of the pot just above the water
level and this has greatly helped us with
having to clean the pond filter.


We don't buy Koi, as a Heron came by one
year and ate all our beautiful giant fish.

So now we buy feeder fish that were destine to be
some big fish's dinner.  Instead they came to our
little pond to live out their little fish life.


They seem happy!

I hope you have a great day!

~Natascha~




No comments:

Post a Comment