Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Where do I get Inspirations?


I am inspired by nature, animals and my garden.
I love my Red Echinacea or cone flower that inspired this bowl
 

First I throw the bowl on my potters wheel
  I allow it to harden up for a day
then I go about cleaning up the bottom
of the bowl.  Then I  sculpt and apply the
accents to the bowl.


Each item is one of a kind
and hand made from scratch.


This violet bowl inspired by this...


Then they are slowly dried so they
do not crack.  Once dried the details
are again fine tuned by hand.


Inspired by Daisy's
in my Garden.


They are then bisque fired.
Once they come out they are then
glazed by hand.  The glaze is carefully applied
around the details.  Some glazes cannot be applied
over others because I don't like how they
look after they are fired.  So there is a lot
of meticulous painting of the glaze to ensure
the end result is what I want.
A a minimum of 3 coats
of glaze are applied in each color.
Then they are glaze fired.


This poppy bowl inspired by
Poppies pictured below.  Just like in
nature each item is one of a
kind and different in it's
creation. A different shape or a
different thickness. 


I hope to make ordinary objects such
as a bowl look pretty.

They are all glazed with non-toxic
food safe glazes.
So they can be used with food or
to hold simple objects on your furniture.

I hope you can appreciate
how each of my creations
is made one at a time with
much care and
attention to detail.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment